My recent split from a boyfriend was the right choice, but I have to admit, I miss the sex. I am reminded that great sex is hard to find, but that it also can’t save a relationship that just isn’t working. Sigh. And now that I’m single I’ve had a couple old boyfriends putting out feelers, if you know what I mean. When some people are single and lonely, they will text or email an old flame to test the waters, see if there’s a chance for a hook up. I’ve done it, especially when I feel too lazy to meet brand new possibilities.
And yes, I’ve hooked up with past lovers. Sometimes it’s a one-night reunion of glorious sex, and other times it’s been a regretful experience, worse than the walk of shame. It’s just too easy, or is it? If you’ve never put out that “feeler,” then consider the pros and cons of sex with an ex before you do…
You should hook up with an ex because…
- you know what they like and don’t like.
- they know what you like and don’t.
- it’s sex without strings.
- you’ll be reassured why you still aren’t in a relationship with them.
- it’s easier than messaging women online or hitting the bars.
You shouldn’t hook up with an ex because…
- it may bring up bad memories from the relationship.
- you might end up back together, repeating past problems.
- they may want more than just sex.
- you’re better off finding someone who truly cares.
- sex isn’t everything.
Forget the ex, and meet someone new today at PolyDating.com!
I’m still on the fence about the whole idea of ex sex, and have a feeling most people are. What is your experience? Please share the good, the bad, and the ugly in the comments!